Warning Signs: Spotting Scams/Fake/Escort Profiles on Hookup Sites
Think you can spot fake profiles and scam profiles on hookup websites easily? Don’t be so sure. There are a lot of very creative folks out there that know how to trick just about anyone into believing a profile is real, when it is not. Some of the fake profiles are obviously fake. But some guys are clueless and try to chat with them. The bogus profiles that are created by the best scammers are hard to decipher if they’re real or not sometimes. So here is some advice on how to determine if she’s real or if she’s fake…
If she’s flawless she wouldn’t be using an online hookup website to get laid
Beautiful women do, in fact, use hookup websites to find men. It’s not that they can’t get laid offline. They most certainly can. But there are a number of reasons many attractive women prefer using the Internet for such a thing (more convenient, get to know the guy better before committing to hookup, etc.).
However, as the saying goes…”if it’s to good to be true, it probably is”. That holds true online because there are sites with a crap load of fake profiles with pictures of women that have amazing bodies and flawless faces. Those profiles are fake. Why do people create this type of fake profile on online hookup websites. Mostly because of one of the following two reasons…
- The hookup website is new and/or has a hard time getting attractive women to their site. Without attractive women showing up in the member directory, guys won’t want to sign-up. So the solution is to create fake profiles showing hot women. It’s good for business. We don’t condone creating fake profiles to make your site look good, but it is smart business.
- The hookup website has nothing to do with the fake profiles. It is an outside scammer that is trying to get men to sign-up for their hookup site. What they do is pose as a real woman and then send a “come view my profile on this amazing new dating site” message.
Extortion Scam: Online Dating Scammers Will Do ANYTHING to Get Your Money
Many a smart folk has been extorted. You have to understand something…online dating scammers are very good at what they do. They’re not morons. Well, at least the successful scammers are. There is one scam you absolutely MUST learn how to avoid. And that’s the extortion scam that is so prevalent online. You CAN become a victim even if you’re an intelligent human being.
What is the extortion scam? It’s when a seemingly normal woman creates a profile on a hookup site, flirts with a guy and then attempts to get him to send her money for various reasons (all of which are completely bogus). She might claim to be in desperate need of money to pay rent. That’s one common excuse used. Another common excuse is that she can’t afford to pay to come see you so she needs the money sent by Western Union so she can purchase a plane ticket (if she lives in a different city).
How do you spot this type of scam? Here’s the thing…you shouldn’t even have to worry about it because you should never give out money to some random stranger you met online. After you’ve met her a couple of times, you can do whatever you want. If she needs money to come see you, go ahead and give it to her. But verify she’s really who she appears to be online before doing that. Otherwise you just might be another victim of an extortion scam.
Final Pointers on Spotting Online Hookup Website Scams
- You’re highly unlikely to fall victim to a scam if you use the recommended hookup websites.
- Trust your instincts. If you smell a rat, it probably is. Chances are if your gut is telling you a profile is fake, you’re probably right.
- If she’s too forward in the first conversation, she’s probably a scammer.
- If she talks about “loving America” and really wants to come here…you better be careful!